Monday, November 2, 2009

Meal Deal Monday-Olive Garden Eggplant Parmigiana

This is my 3rd week of my Meal Deal Monday. Today I went $0.12 over budget for a total of $5.12. Not too bad for a family of 4. Considering, if you went to Olive Garden to eat this it would cost $9.99 for 1 person! I hope you enjoy!

My previous Meal Deals: Sour cream Chicken Enchildas, Mexican Pizza

Ingredients-



2 Eggplants-$2.08 Local grocery store has them on sale for $0.68lb so I priced matched at Wal-mart. I bought one big one and that was enough for my family of 4!



1lb jar meat-flavored Ragu- $1.20(I don't use the meat-I like the Garden version)-Used insert of $0.75 off 2. Ragu is on rollback at $1.58 at wal-mart.



1/4 grape jelly-$0.16. Great value is cheaper than the other brands with coupon($1.28)Has about 2 cups in it.



14 oz can sliced-stewed tomatoes-$.56 Great value is cheaper again without coupons. I also used only half a can. The whole can is $1.12.



1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese-$0.55- Used the printable coupon off $1/2. Kraft is priced at $1.61 for 2 cup bags.



1/4 cup Parmesan cheese- $0.57- Great value is again cheaper. For a small 1 cup container it is $2.30(Man that is high-I will be looking out for coupons!)



Directions:



Moisten eggplant with milk and lightly coat in flour. Quickly brwon slices in hot oil, dust each side with salt. When fork tender and golden brown transfer to a 9x13x2 pan. Cover loosely with foil and bake at 375 F about 20-25 minutes.



Sauce- Combine Ragu, jelly and tomatoes that have been broken up with a fork. Heat on medium until hot, but do not boil.



Spread mozzarella cheese over eggplant, then add sauce. Top with parmesan cheese and return to oven for 5-10 minutes to melt cheese.



Enjoy!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment