Monday, November 16, 2009

Meal Deal Monday-CrockPot Shepards Pie

If you are not familiar with my Meal Deal Monday here is the jest of it. I plan a meal that will be less than $5 for a family of 4. That's pretty much it :) To check out my other meal deals click HERE. Today I am making CrockPot Shepards Pie- I am borrowing this recipe from CrockPot365- Seriously, go check her blog out. She has like a million followers and has her own books. She is amazing. I'm addicted to it!

So for this meal it cost me a total of $4.21!!!!

Ingredients-

3 cups leftover mashed potatoes- $0.50 for a large baking potato at Wal-Mart
1 lb ground turkey or beef-$1.00. Wal-Mart has the ground beef that looks like it is in sausage packaging for only $1.00. This is usually found in the middle frozen aisle.
2 cloves garlic, chopped-$.28. I used the $1 off McCormick coupon insert(expires 11/22) on the minced garlic.
2 cups frozen vegetables-$0.75. Wal-mart has the Birds eye veggies for $1.25. Used the $0.50 off coupon insert.
1 medium onion, chopped finely-$0.10. Usually I go to wal-mart but I found out that our mexican grocery stores around here are cheaper on onions so be sure to check out those places!
2 cups shredded cheese-$1.58. There is not a coupon currently available but sometimes you can find Kraft coupons so I just bought the Great value brand.
1/2 tsp seasoned salt.
1/2 tsp onion powder.
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp paprika
1 cup water

Directions
Brown meat, onions, and garlic. Drain the fat and add with other spices. Spray the inside of your crockpot with cooking spray.
Put the meat in the crockpot and stir in the frozen vegetables, and a cup of water. Add two cups of cheese on top. Press the mashed potatoes down on top of the cheese and meat. Sprinkle with a bit of paprika.Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or high for about 3, then remove the lid and cook on high for 30 minutes to release the condensation and allow the potatoes to brown a bit on top.
And then eat!!!!
Don't forget to check out Crockpot365 for other yummy recipes. She has a lobster bisque that I can't wait to try. I don't think it'll make it on Meal Deal Monday though!!!
Okay and sorry for no picture!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment