Monday, June 7, 2010

Inexpensive Father's Day idea-Man Coasters



For this project you will need~~~~

Napkins- price for mine was $0.01. Yup

4 Tiles-$0.16 each

Mod Podge-$3.00 but use 40% off coupon from Hobby Lobby

Paint Brush-$0.97

Acrylic spray-$5.16 but use another 40% off coupon

Felt-$1.00


If you're like me then you may not be sure what to get your husband for Father's Day from the kids. My kids are only 4 and 3 but I still want it to be from them.

So I started thinking that my husband needed something for his 'guy' room. Yeah, you know the room. Deer heads everywhere, flat screen tv. Don't interrupt during Vikings or Razorback game room. Yea....

So, then I stumbled into Hobby Lobby and found these napkins for only $0.50! There were 50 of them and I only needed 1!!!!

And then I remembered THIS project I did for Christmas. WAHOO! MAN COASTERS!

So, I went to Lowes and bought these for $0.16 each.



First, I cut out the napkins the same size as the tile.

Second, I painted a thin layer of Mod Podge on the tile and placed the napkin on the tile.

Then I put another layer of Mod Podge on the napkin. I put it outside to dry faster in the sun because I am really, really impatient.

Once it was dry I sprayed with the Acrylic sprayer to make it water resistent and prettier ;)

Lastly, I cut out the felt and used my hot glue gun to secure the felt to the bottom of the coasters.

YEA FOR PRETTY MAN COASTERS! Plus, it's so great because kids can help out with this project! You can also use whatever design of napkins your husband likes or even pictures of your kids!
I'm linking up to Today's Creative Blog- Wahoo for my 1st link up :)


No comments:

Post a Comment