Sunday, May 9, 2010

How to Make Hairbows.

I am probably the last mom to know how to make hairbows. I had been spending upwards of $12 to $15 on hairbows from speciality stores and Dillards. I knew I had to save some money on hairbows but really didn't want my little girl to stop wearing them. So, I made myself learn how to make hairbows. These hairbows cost less than $1-$2 to make. Savings of over $10!!! Plus, I am not crafty at all so if I can do it so can you!!




Here are my instructions. I hope they are clear enough.


You will need 3-4 ribbons. Hot glue gun. Alligator Clips.


***Warning*** Picture overload!



1. Buy Ribbon



2. Lots of Ribbon!!!(And then hide it from your husband so he lets you go back to Hobby Lobby)



3. Cut 3 coordinating ribbon in 3 different sizes. I think mine were 12,10,8 inches.

4. Fold the ribbon and crease in the middle.5. Bring one end of the ribbon to the middle. Hot glue gun it.
6. Do it with the other end of the ribbon. Hot glue it. It should look like an 8. Or 2 circles. Or like this picture.



7. Bring the middle of the ribbon on each end to the middle and use the hot glue gun again.

8. This is what it will look like when you are done with step 8. You will think you messed it up but then go to step 9.

9. Turn it around and this is what it will look like.

10. Do these steps with all the ribbons.

11. Hot glue gun the ribbons together. (oops forgot the picture!)


12. Get another coordinating ribbon and tie a knot to use for the middle. Hot glue gun it on.

13. Use the hot glue gun to attach the alligator clip to the back.14. Finished product!!! Now your husband will be super happy that you no longer spend too much money on hairbows! Everyone is happy. Except the little girl who you made these for....sigh... :)









































No comments:

Post a Comment